4-H Alberta Grassroots Fund
Through our Sponsorship & Community Initiatives program, Agriculture Financial Services Corporation supports the next generation of agriculture and agri-food by investing in the development of life-long skills such as co-operation, leadership, interpersonal relations, critical thinking, decision making, organization, public speaking and community service.
In addition to providing a 4-H Alberta provincial scholarship, and supporting 4-H Alberta provincial programs such as Senior Symposium, Uncover the Leader in You, and more, AFSC also contributes locally to 4-H Alberta through its 4-H Alberta Grassroots Fund.
About the AFSC 4-H Alberta Grassroots Fund
AFSC cares about connecting with 4-H in the local community in ways that clubs find meaningful, which is why we have the 4-H Alberta Grassroots Fund. All sponsorship requests related to 4-H clubs are directed to and allocated through this fund.
Applications are reviewed and for each successful application, AFSC provides up to $300 for 4-H Alberta clubs in Alberta, on a first-come, first-serve basis until all funds are allotted.
Applications for the AFSC 4-H Alberta Grassroots Fund are now closed
4-H Alberta encourages members to see themselves for who they are – active, audible, and accountable leaders of tomorrow. 4-H Alberta’s quality programs help develop tomorrow’s leaders who will enhance the sustainability of the communities within our province.
Who is Eligible
Clubs registered and that are verified with 4-H Alberta to be in good standing are eligible to apply.
New 4-H clubs, that have been verified by 4-H Alberta, are also eligible.
AFSC believes in directing the 4-H Alberta Grassroots Funding to activities, programs, events or initiatives that align with the following focus areas: Agriculture/Agri-Food, Education and Outreach, and Community Well-Being.
Agriculture/Agri-Food: supporting the business of, or the advancement of the agriculture, agribusiness and agri-food industry, or the next generation of agriculture.
Education, Outreach & Training: supporting initiatives and services that contribute to education, awareness and increased knowledge related to agriculture/agri-food, agriculture/agri-food financial literacy and agriculture/agri-food risk management in order to help maintain stable high quality food development. These events and initiatives are where members, leaders and community members gather and learn, and may also include speaking engagements.
Community Well-Being: initiatives that build community capacity, and/or contribute to healthy vibrant communities.
After meeting one or more of these focus areas, funds can be directed towards:
- Event or program development and implementation
- Costs associated with events (transportation, entrance and admission fees)
- Developing or purchasing resource and activity materials
- Speaker/trainer fees (eg. mental health speaker, workshop presenter)
- Volunteer support and recognition
- Costs to start a new club
- Purchase of equipment and supplies.
The AFSC 4-H Alberta Grassroots Fund does NOT support:
- Applications submitted by district, regions or other 4-H committees
- Purchase of club/district/region clothing for members, volunteers, parents, leaders, etc.
- Events/programs that occur outside of Alberta, even if there is Albertans organizing, attending or participating
- Events where alcohol is the focus or a portion of an event focused on alcohol (ex. Wine nights, bars at events, beer golf holes, alcohol raffles)
- 4-H communications/public speaking events already exclusively sponsored by another 4-H Alberta sponsor
All successful applicants are required to complete a short report to demonstrate how the funds were spent. Successful applicants that do not complete a report form will not be eligible for AFSC 4-H Grassroots Fund support in following years until the report is completed.