After a natural disaster, AgriRecovery helps producers recover extraordinary costs beyond what is available through other financial assistance programs.
On August 6, 2021, the Government of Alberta announced an AgriRecovery response, the 2021 Canada-Alberta Livestock Feed Assistance Initiative, to help address the extraordinary costs being incurred by Alberta’s livestock producers because of reduced grazing capacity caused by prolonged dry weather and extreme high temperatures.
The response provides support and cash flow for Alberta’s livestock producers and beekeepers to cover extraordinary expenses incurred to feed livestock.
AgriRecovery is a federal-provincial-territorial disaster relief framework to help agricultural producers with the extraordinary costs associated with recovering from natural disasters. Eligible costs will be supported on the 60-40 cost-shared federal-provincial basis outlined under the Canadian Agricultural Partnership.
Things to know
- The AgriRecovery initiative will provide an initial payment of $94 per head for eligible feed and water access costs for breeding females to producers across the province.
- Animals other than beef cows may have different support levels applied.
- Applications will be online through AFSC Connect and it is anticipated they will be available in early September.
- Producers who are current AFSC clients should ensure they have an AFSC Connect account and are signed up for direct deposit to receive program payments.
NEW – Producers who are not currently AFSC clients can start the client set up process on the Getting ready for AgriRecovery page.
Follow us on social media, sign up for AFSC Product Information email updates or visit our website for the most up-to-date information.
Producers can take steps now to ensure a smooth process when the application is available by:
- Preparing an inventory of breeding females on hand as of August 6, 2021
- Keeping records for any expenses incurred for drought-related costs
- Checking AFSC.ca regularly for updates and following AFSC on social media
For additional information, please call the AFSC Client Service Centre at 1.877.899.2372, use AFSC online chat, or contact a branch office. AFSC is available to answer your questions and assist you.