The Agribusiness Loan provides Alberta’s food processors, agribusinesses, agricultural suppliers, manufacturers and rural utilities with a consistent source of fixed-rate term loans.
This program supports investment in Alberta’s agribusiness sector by providing financing to start, develop and grow your business. The Agribusiness Loan Program supports businesses directly engaged in the physical transformation, processing or packaging of an agricultural input into a higher-value finished product.
- Maximum lending limit of $30 million to an individual or any group of connected individuals or companies
- Terms up to 20 years with a maximum amortization of 25 years
- Long-term, competitive interest rates
- No annual fees
- Payment schedule to fit your cash flow
- Prepay options available based on the interest term you select
Applying for a loan
This program is eligible to individuals who are Canadian citizens or landed immigrants, and companies incorporated in Canada and registered to operate a business in Alberta.