Next Generation Loan
The Next Generation Loan provides new entrants and young agricultural producers with a consistent source of fixed-rate term loans to establish their own farming operation.
Applicants must meet one of the following eligibility requirements:
- Under the age of 40 at the time of application.
- In the case of joint applications, 50 per cent of members must be under the age of 40.
- In the case of corporation applications, 25 per cent of ownership must be under age of 40.
- Applicants who are over 40 years of age at the time of application, must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Less than three years farming history,
- Farm income under $10,000 for three of last five years.
- Next Generation Loan offers various terms up to 20 years with a maximum amortization of 35 years
- No annual fees
- Payment schedule to fit your cash flow
- Prepay options available based on the interest term you select
Young Producer Incentive
At the time of application, applicants who have successfully qualified for the Next Generation Loan and are under 40 years of age may be eligible for a one per cent rate reduction for a maximum period of five years on the first term of the loan. A lifetime maximum borrowing for the Young Producer Incentive is $1,000,000 per individual. The Young Producer Incentive cannot be applied to housing, purchasing assets from a spouse or paying out an existing AFSC loan.
Apply today for a Next Generation Loan, an Alberta Producer Loan or a Developing Producer Loan with Agriculture Financial Services (AFSC).Learn More
Agriculture Financial Services (AFSC) makes loan payments as easy as possible with a variety of payment options.Learn More