New to AgriStability?
If you are new to AgriStability or have been out of the program for four or more years, you will need to complete a few easy steps to be enrolled in the program.
Step 1: Complete the Application for Fee Notice form
Complete the AgriStability 2021 Application for Fee Notice and return it to AFSC by email at email@example.com or drop it off at your AFSC office. You can also return it by mail to Lacombe Central Office; 5718 – 56 Avenue; Lacombe, Alberta; T4L 1B1.
Your request must be made by June 30, 2021 for the 2021 program year.
You do not need to provide any historical farm information or tax information at this stage.
Step 2: Receive your enrolment/fee notice
Once enrolled, you will receive an enrolment/fee notice. You will receive this notice annually for as long as you are in the program.
If you then decide to not participate in the program, you must complete an AgriStability Opt Out Request form by the applicable deadlines. Choosing not to pay the enrolment fee will not remove you from the program.
Step 3: Pay Your Fee
Pay your fee and administrative cost share ($55) by the deadline.
Producers have until June 30, or 30 days after receiving their enrolment notice, to pay their fee without penalty.
Should you miss the initial fee deadline, you have until the final fee deadline of December 31 to pay your fee with a penalty equal to 20 per cent of your fee.
How AgriStability works
In order to participate in AgriStability, applicants must have:
- Carried on the business of farming in Canada
- Conducted a minimum of six consecutive months of farming activity
- Completed production cycle (a production cycle includes the growing and harvesting of a crop, the process of rearing livestock, such as the calving of cows or farrowing of sows or the purchase and sale of livestock in the case of feeding and finishing enterprises)
- Reported farming income (loss) for income tax purposes to the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
- Met all program requirements by the deadlines established by AFSC