AFSC is proud of Alberta’s producers and we’re honoured to work alongside you as you grow the province’s agriculture industry.
We recognize that being a farmer can be a 24-7 occupation, and we want to alert you to AFSC’s upcoming holiday closure and year-end deadlines so you can include them in your plans.
All AFSC offices, including the Client Service Centre, will be closed from December 24, 2021 through January 3, 2022. We will reopen on Tuesday, January 4.
All December 31 deadlines for AgriStability, Insurance and Lending payments will apply. This includes all payments through a banking institution or postmarked by this date.
- December 31 is the deadline to submit 2020 AgriStability supplementary forms (with penalty). You may submit your supplementary forms through AFSC Connect, fax to 403.782.8348 or 1.855.700.2372 (toll free), or email email@example.com. Supplementary forms mailed with a postmark by December 31 will be considered received in 2021. You may also deposit your supplementary forms in an AFSC office drop box, where available.
- December 31 is the deadline to remit payment for the 2021 program fees in order to maintain eligibility for the 2021 program year. Payments mailed with a postmark by December 31 will be considered received in 2021. You may also deposit your AgriStability fee in an AFSC office drop box, where available.
- December 31 is the deadline to pay any outstanding premiums without negatively affecting your credit. Payments mailed with a postmark by December 31 will be considered received in 2021. You may also deposit your payment in an AFSC office drop box, where available.
- December 31 is the final deadline to file your 2021 Perennial and Annual Crop Harvested Production Report (with penalty).
- Loan Disbursements – All disbursements must be submitted to AFSC prior to 2 p.m. on December 21.
- Revolving Loan Funding Online – Loan disbursement requests must be completed online prior to 6 a.m. on December 23. Any disbursements completed online after 6 a.m. December 23 will not be processed until January 4, 2022.
Livestock Price Insurance (LPI)
- Last day for Claim Request – December 20
- First day for Claim Request – January 10, 2022 (Fed and Feeder AB), January 17, 2022 (Calf Alberta and SKMAN, Feeder SKMAN)
- Last day for Purchase – December 23
- First Day for Purchase – January 11, 2022 (Fed, Feeder AB and Hog), January 18, 2022 (Feeder SKMAN)
We wish you a safe and happy holiday season and look forward to working together in the new year … celebrating a future on the farm.