Developing Producer Loan
The Developing Producer Loan Program provides emerging agricultural producers with a consistent source of fixed-rate loan terms to acquire assets necessary to expand their farming operation.
This lending program offers a wide variety of eligible purposes, including land purchase, quota, equipment purchase, building development, livestock inventory, working capital and more.
The Developing Producer Loan Program can be used for a variety of purposes for your existing farm operation.
- Land purchase
- Equipment purchase
- Farm building construction
- Home construction
- Breeding livestock inventory
- Working capital
- Share purchase
- Restructure existing debt
- The Developing Producer Loan offers various fixed-rate terms up to 15 years with a maximum amortization of 30 years
- Loans can be prepaid or paid in full at any time without penalty
- Long-term, competitive interest rates
- Payment schedule to fit your cash flow
- No annual fees
- AFSC lending products have a maximum lending limit of $30 million per individual or any group of connected individuals or companies.
Applying for a loan
This program is eligible to individuals who are Canadian citizens or landed immigrants, and companies incorporated in Canada and registered to operate a business in Alberta.
Apply today for a Next Generation Loan, an Alberta Producer Loan or a Developing Producer Loan with Agriculture Financial Services (AFSC).Learn More
Agriculture Financial Services Corporation (AFSC) makes loan payments as easy as possible with a variety of payment options.Learn More