Rural Business Loan
The Rural Business Loan Program provides Alberta's small and medium-sized commercial and manufacturing businesses in rural Alberta with an alternative source of fixed-rate term loans.
The Rural Business Loan supports investment in Alberta by providing access to financing to enhance and contribute to Alberta’s economy.
The Rural Business Loan Program can be used for a variety of purposes for your new or existing business operation.
- Land purchase
- Equipment purchase
- Acquisition of business assets
- Building purchase/construction
- Costs associated with development of new markets or new products
- Working capital
- Change of ownership
- Share purchase
- Refinance existing debt
- Rural Business Loan Program offers various fixed-rate terms up to 15 years with a maximum amortization of 25 years
- Loans can be prepaid or paid in full at any time without penalty
- Long-term, competitive interest rates
- Payment schedule to fit your cash flow
- No annual fees
- AFSC lending products have a maximum lending limit of $15 million per individual or any group of connected individuals or companies.
Applying for a loan
This program is eligible to individuals who are Canadian citizens or landed immigrants, and companies incorporated in Canada and registered to operate a business in Alberta.