To become a participant in the AgriStability, submit a written request to Agriculture Financial Services Corporation (AFSC) by the enrolment notice deadline, April 30 of the program year you wish to participate.
Upon notifying AFSC of the intention to participate, new participants will be asked for production information so that an Enrolment/Fee Notice can be issued.
In order to participate in AgriStability, applicants must have:
- Carried on the business of farming in Canada
- Conducted a minimum of six consecutive months of farming activity
- Completed production cycle (a production cycle includes the growing and harvesting of a crop, the process of rearing livestock, such as the calving of cows or farrowing of sows or the purchase and sale of livestock in the case of feeding and finishing enterprises)
- Reported farming income (loss) for income tax purposes to the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
- Met all program requirements by the deadlines established by AFSC
How to Apply
Fill out an Application for Fee Notice and send to AFSC before April 30 of the program year, we will then send you a fee notice.