For crop producers, there are few things as devastating as a hail storm. Agriculture Financial Services Corporation (AFSC) provides Hail Insurance so you can secure peace of mind in knowing your assets are protected from one of Mother Nature's most damaging elements.
- Provides protection for spot-loss damage to crops caused by hail, accidental fire and fire caused by lightning
- Insurance comes into effect at noon on the day following the date of application
- Available to anyone with an interest in an insurable crop grown in Alberta, including producers, tenants and crop-share landlords
- Clients can purchase hail insurance online through Connect or at any AFSC office
- Dollar coverage per acre is established by crop category, and is separated between dryland and irrigated crops.
AFSC clients have the option to purchase full coverage or coverage with a 10 per cent or 25 per cent deductible. The higher the deductible is, the lower the premium rate. Dollar coverage per acre is defined by crop category and is separated between dryland and irrigation.
Maximum Program Coverage Limits
The combined dollar coverage per acre of all insured parties cannot exceed the program coverage limit. Clients have the option to insure their entire field or a portion of their field. Any portion of a field that is insured must be diagrammed and provided to AFSC.
Premium rates are set annually based on historical hail loss experienced by township, and are published on the Hail Insurance Rate Map.Learn More
Agriculture Financial Services Corporation (AFSC) clients require a minimum of 10 per cent damage to initiate a claim. There must be at least 10 per cent hail damage on each spot-loss area for it ...Learn More